Sunday, September 20, 2009

THE HEARTH AND THE SALMANDER

As I read about Guy Montag, a fireman who burns books and houses for a living was going through rough times. He was having second thoughts about his job from the beginning, but when he meets this little girl, Clarisse who teaches him another way of looking at life, Guy really started to really think.

I feel that we meet people for a reason both negative and positive people, who teaches you about life. I feel that Guy never met a unqie kid like her so he began to think about his marriage that he and his wife, Mildred, really didn't have that vibe that they should have. I predict that his marriage will not end because I feel that Guy is going to open his wife eyes, and make her realize that these books are valuable. During their journey, this will rekindle their relationship.

As Guy had tooken some books from the houses that he had burnt, I predict that later in the book he will get caught having books in his household. It would be the climax of the book where he is going to fight as hard as he can to save these books.

After I had read this chapter, I tried to picture life without any books... I see that young children not knowing anything what Santa Clause looks like, or how Snow White had been poison and needed a kiss to come back to life. It would be a BIG disadvantage for us without books.

No comments:

Post a Comment